This is a hands on course where students gain a range of skills by participating in practical experiences that occupy the majority of course time.
Students will learn about:
- Safety and hygiene practices in relation to food
- Selection of techniques and equipment for a variety of food specific uses
- Designing, producing and evaluating foods and food products
- Planning and preparing foods and meals for a range of purposes
- Food choices and healthy eating habits for individuals and communities
- Nutrition as an intergral to making healthy food choices
- Relationship between food, technology and society
- Food trends in food selection, service and presentation.