Evans River K-12 School has implemented the Targeted Early Numeracy Program (TEN). It is an early numeracy program targeting students in Kindergarten to Year 2. The TEN Program model includes the use of;
- Small group instruction (usually three to four students)
- Short, focused, frequent numeracy sessions (typically 10-minute blocks)
- Strategically targeted activities focusing on early arithmetical strategies
- Explicit and systematic teaching
- Five-weekly monitoring of student progress to identify and plan future instruction.